The Scout Hut is available to be hired by the local community and also other Scouting and Guiding groups. Event bookings can be made between 8am and midnight, and availability is subject to existing bookings. Scouting and Guiding bookings take precedence over private bookings, and subject to availability these can include overnight visits. Our facilities include the following:
- The main hall provides capacity for up to 80 people, and is approximately 11m x 9m
- The small hall is approximately 5.5m x 7m, but has cupboards down one side making the useable floor space approx. 4.5m x 7m
- Our overall site is approx. 30m x 35m, fully fenced and has lockable double gates for access
- We have a recently refitted and upgraded kitchen, with a catering standard large cooker, microwave, fridge and large electric urn.
- We have recently refurbished our toilets with the addition of a disabled toilet including baby changing facilities.
- Camping in the grounds is permitted and we can host hiking and mess tents
- We have a gravelled carparking area which can accommodate 12 cars in two rows of 6
- We have recently constructed a new fire circle with raised seating which is ideal for group campfires and evening activities
- We have a brick built barbeque facility with two large heating areas
The hire charge is £20 per hour for private-bookings, and we can offer discounts to Scouting and Guiding groups. Further details are available on application. Please read the Hall Bookings Terms and Conditions before you book.
The Scout Hut is located on Chestnut Ave near Woosehill Community Church.
- You can locate us on the map here.
- Review a plan for our facilities.
- Also, you can see photos of our facilities.
If you wish to enquire about making a booking please contact our Hall Hire Bookings Coordinator via the form below and we will reply within 5 working days: